Deadline: 12 aug 2018
The Director of the Center for Theoretical Physics PAS (Warsaw, Poland) invites applicants for a PhD position at the CTP PAS supervised by prof. Adam Sawicki ( www.cft.edu.pl/qmath/asawicki ). The topic of the research project is related to foundations and mathematics of quantum information.
Scholarships cover a tax-free living allowance for 3 years. The starting date is envisaged on October 1st, 2018. The students will be enlisted as participants of the PhD program in the Institute of Physics, PAS, following their individual program. Apart from the stipend, students will also be eligible for support for equipment and international travel to attend schools and conferences.
Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in theoretical/mathematical physics or mathematics. Candidates demonstrating a signed statement that their thesis will be defended before Spetember 1, 2018 are also eligible to apply. Any knowledge of Lie groups, Lie algebras and their representations and/or symplectic/algebraic geometry is an advantage.
The application must include:
1. Cover letter, including a motivation of preference for the above mentioned research
2. Curriculum Vitae (summarizing education, positions and scientific preprintspublications)
3. Personal Questionnaire form ( www.cft.edu.pl/upload/kwestionariusz_osobowy.pdf )
4. One recommendation letter from a senior researcher sent directly by the senior researcher to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Transcript of records from their University
6. Certified copy of the MSc diploma, or a statement from the Supervisor regarding the prospects for completing the thesis before the starting date
Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system.
Submissions are to be received electronically (only pdf files) at the email address email@example.com by the closing date of August 12, 2018.. Reference number: AS/2/2018 All questions should be sent to the above e-mail address or directly to prof. A. Sawicki: firstname.lastname@example.org