Deadline: 1 aug 2018
The Center for Theoretical Physics PAS invites applicants for a PhD position supervised by prof. Adam Sawicki www.cft.edu.pl/qmath/asawicki and funded by National Science Center of Poland. The topic of the research project is related to foundations and mathematics of quantum mechanics and quantum information theory.
Scholarship will cover a tax-free living allowance for 3 years. The starting date is envisaged on October 1st, 2018. The student will be enlisted as a participant of the PhD program in the Institute of Physics or Mathematics of Polish Academy of Sciences, following their individual program. Apart from the stipend, students will also be eligible for support for equipment and international travel to attend schools and conferences.
Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in mathematics or (theoretical) mathematical physics. Any knowledge of Lie groups, Lie algebras and their representations, symplectic/algebraic geometry and/or functional analysis and/or random walks on groups is welcome. Interest in quantum physics is required.
The application must include:
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum Vitae (summarizing education, positions and scientific preprints or publications)
3. Personal Questionnaire form www.cft.edu.pl/upload/kwestionariusz$\_$osobowy.pdf
4. One recommendation letter from a senior researcher sent directly by the senior researcher to email@example.com
5. Transcript of records from their University
6. Certified copy of the MSc diploma, or a statement from the Supervisor regarding the prospects for completing the thesis before the starting date
Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system.
Submissions are to be received electronically (only pdf files) at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of August 01, 2018. Reference number: AS/2/2018. All questions should be sent to the above e-mail address.