1 jun 2015 - 5 jun 2015
Announcement of the 23nd edition of
Géométrie Algébrique en Liberté (GAeL)
June 1-5, 2015 --- Leuven, Belgium
GAeL is a conference organized by and for researchers in Algebraic Geometry at the beginning of their scientific career. The conference gives PhD students and post-docs the opportunity to lecture, often for the first time, in front of an international audience. In addition, selected international experts deliver mini-courses on topics at the cutting-edge of important new developments in Algebraic Geometry.
Confirmed senior speakers are:
- François Charles (Université Paris - Sud): TBA
- William Fulton (University of Michigan): Degeneration loci
- Lenny Taelman (Universiteit van Amsterdam): Around the Woods-Hole trace formula
- Frances Kirwan (University of Oxford)
- Yuri Manin (Max-Planck Institute für Mathematik, Bonn)
- Frans Oort (Universiteit Utrecht)
- Sam Payne (Yale University)
Accommodation for supported participants will be provided from 31rd May to 6th June 2015. Without any promise, you can apply for the reimbursements of your travel costs if you are not supported by your university.
More information on the conference is available on the website: http://gael-math.org/.
The deadline for the application is 15th March 2015.
Organizers: Giulia Battiston, Lore Kesteloot, Daniel Litt, Tommaso Matteini, Özge Ölkem, Ulrike Rieß.