2 aug 2021 - 6 aug 2021
GEOQUANT is a biennial international school and conference activity. It is dedicated to Geometry related to Quantization and its applications. This is a field of ongoing intensive mathematical research. The appearing mathematical problems mainly originate from inside the mathematical theory. But, particular during the last years, a number of challenging mathematical problems came from theoretical physics. It is the scientific goal of the activity to address both kind of problems.
Dates & Venue
The school takes place from 2–6 August 2021 in a hybrid format — at the University of Freiburg, Germany, and online. Most activities will be streamed live online and recordings will be made available. (For access information please register.)
- symplectic geometry
- algebraic quantum field theory
- convergence of star products
- spectral convergence in geometric quantization
The program consists of:
- four lecture courses, each consisting of four or five 60-minute lectures, aimed at graduate students and young postdocs
- exercise classes related to the lectures
- virtual poster session aimed at graduate students and postdocs
- virtual coffee breaks facilitating interaction with other participants.
The poster of the summer school can be found here.
After the week of the school there will be an international conference (9–13 August 2021), focussing on similar topics as the school. Details about the conference can be found here.
Speakers: Kota Hattori, Eva Miranda, Katarzyna Rejzner, Stefan Waldmann.